Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Punctuation in the Text

Based on the TED talk, the article on Texting, and discussions here in class, i do agree with the idea of using correct punctuation in text messages sent. I agree because of the TED talk in which the speaker implies texting is fingered speech. We write how we speak so i prefer to text how i speak. I am a person who does not like to talk in slang or short versed. So texting must always have the proper punctuation and i will write out words, i do not like using "don't, won't, etc." I prefer to write out words such as "do not, would not." So because texting is considered fingered speech, i want my fingered speech to be as accurate as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that we often text like we speak and I also prefer to use punctuation. However, I find myself taking short cuts in texts simply because I am always out of time. It would probably sound quite amusing if I spoke the way that I text when in a rush.

    ReplyDelete